This Microsoft report is a must-read for business owners and managers.
The research, published last month, is based on a study of over 30,000 people in 31 countries and data from Microsoft 365 and LinkedIn. It clearly articulates how employees have been impacted by the events of the past year and notes 7 key trends with data to back them up:
1. Flexible work is here to stay
2. Leaders are out of touch with employees and need a wake-up call
3. High productivity is masking an exhausted workforce
4. Gen Z is at risk and will need to be re-energised
5. Shrinking networks are endangering innovation
6. Authenticity will spur productivity and wellbeing
7. Talent is everywhere in a hybrid world.
There are some sobering statistics in this report, such as 39% of the workforce feel exhausted, 41% are considering leaving their current employer this year. Some 73% of employees want flexible remote work options to stay, although 67% want more in-person work or collaboration post-pandemic.
It’s worth a read!
#innovation #leadership #futureofwork #transformation #remotework #employeeengagement